This course is for healthcare and treatment professionals.
The course will address:
- Screening tools for alcohol, tobacco, and other substance misuse
- The validation of screening tools, symptom surveys and other resources
- Tools that determine if substance use meets diagnostic criteria for a substance use disorder
- Assessment components including patients’ medical, social, SUD and family histories
- Use of laboratory testing in treatment planning
- Treatment plans or referral strategies for patients