By participating in this internet based course the trainee will:
1. examine the basic facts about alcohol;
2. learn about the various products which contain ethyl alcohol and how they are created;
3. explore the history of alcohol and alcoholism in the United States, from the landing of the pilgrims in Plymouth up to today;
4. identify short term physical effects of alcohol consumption;
5. identify chronic physical effects of alcoholism;
6. examine the various definitions used to define the problem of alcoholism.